The following diagram is a high-level view of the general steps in deploying Privacera Platform:
- Determine your cloud provider: AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Determine your deployment type: Docker or Kubernetes.
- Decide your deployment mode of Privacera Manager: CLI or UI.
Selecting Cloud Provider#
Privacera Platform can be installed on all major Cloud provider's infrastructure. Privacera Manager hides most of the complexities. Before getting started, it is necessary to pick the Cloud Provider where you will be deploying Privacera.
Next you need to decide either to deploy Privacera on Virtual Machine as Docker Containers or in Kubernetes Cluster. For production, it is highly recommended to Kubernetes.
Kubernetes provides the following advantages
- Support High Availability
- Auto scaling of pods to meet performance requirements
- Secure networking configurations
- Integration with Kubernetes secrets
- Easier management of services
- Multiple options to monitor services and their availability
Installing on Docker provides the following advantages
- Privacera can be installed on a single Virtual instance
- Easy to debug and customize
- Recommended for peforming proof of concept (PoCs)
Selecting Privacera Manager deployment mode#
Finally, whether you use Privacera Manager in CLI or UI mode.